Your South Orange County Fire & Smoke Restoration Experts
When disaster strikes in the form of a fire, you can watch your beloved possessions and treasured memories vanish in an instant. Nothing can turn back the clock and undo the pain you’ve experienced but Oso Emergency Services can help restore the strength, safety, and appearance of your home or office. We can help you get back to the way of life you had before the damage was done.
Damage from Fire
Fires can arise for any number of reasons. From an electrical mishap to a fallen candle to a lightning strike, accidents happen all the time. We are available 24/7 to begin the process of repairing and restoring your South Orange County residential or commercial property. Our certified technicians use the latest procedures and equipment and will keep you informed throughout the restoration process.
Damage from fire or smoke is not only unattractive but it can pose a serious risk to the health of your family. The structural integrity of the home will be tested and strengthened, the accumulation of soot and dust will be removed, and the aesthetic appearance will be restored. We offer our South Orange County customers a free detailed estimate and a 100% satisfaction guarantee so that you can be confident knowing you’re making the best decision choosing Oso Emergency Services.
Restoring Damage Caused by Fire
The size of the fire, how long it burned, and its location in the home or office are just a few of the factors used to determine which restoration techniques will be required. EAch area and room of the property will be thoroughly inspected so that an assessment can be made. While we cannot undo the fire, we can bring your home back to its best self.
Our technicians will remove any part that is no longer structurally sound. Floors will be inspected for unseen damage and hidden particles. The frame and subfloor will be evaluated, odors will be eliminated, and the heating and cooling system will be inspected. Each step in the fire restoration process is detailed below.
- Removal: Our technicians will remove any part of the home or office that is no longer structurally sound. Attempting to gloss over damaged structural materials can cause further damage in the future and risk the health and safety of the occupants. Any component that is no longer strong will be removed so that it can be replaced.
- Carpets and Flooring: Floors will be inspected for unseen damage. Carpets can capture dust, soot, and smoke making it a health hazard. The floor can sometimes be weakened in a fire but this damage is hidden due to the flooring material. We will check the integrity of any floor caught in the area with the fire.
- Frame and Subfloor: The frame and subfloor will be evaluated for structural integrity. This gives our technicians an idea of the extent of the damage and what restorations will and will not be needed.
- Odor Elimination: Odors due to smoke and soot will be eliminated from the parts of the home or office that do not need to be replaced. This odor fighting step not only gets rid of offensive smells but also helps eliminate microbes that take advantage of the chaos to grow.
- Ventilation System: Your heating and cooling system will be inspected. As a fire burns, dust, soot, and debris can enter the ventilation system. Even if the rest of the home or office is restored, if this part is skipped, then the air can be filled with harmful particles. This step is crucial for the continued health and safety of the occupants.
- Restoration: The restoration process can be extensive depending on the damage done and the needs of the customer. Components that are still structurally sound will be used and those that are not will be replaced. When the restoration is complete, we guaranteed you will be 100% satisfied.
Damage from Smoke
One of the overlooked causes of damage during and after a fire is the smoke. Smoke tends to be the major culprit in fire related deaths and it continues to cause damage after the fire has been eliminated. Smoke can permeate the walls of your home or office and it can seep into the carpet and flooring. This smoke not only smells bad and creates a mess but it also traps debris, fuel, and other toxic substances which can seriously effect your health.
The smoke damage must be dealt with effectively and efficiently, from thick, sticky smoke to unseen, acrid smoke to dry, hot smoke. Each of these can have a different effect on your possessions and home. Oso Emergency Services has the training and experience to properly restore your home and items damaged by any kind of smoke.
In addition, steps taken by your can help reduce the smoke’s damage in the future.
- Ventilation: Get the air flowing in your home again. Open your windows and turn on a fan. This will get any residual smoke out of the house. The filters in your ventilation system will need to be changed regularly as the harmful particles will buildup and simply blow around otherwise.
- Mold and Mildew: Reducing moisture will be important in keeping mold or mildew from growing. After a fire, if the area is poorly ventilated and damp, you and your family can experience reduced health.
- Washing: As mentioned, the smoke can permeate everything, including your clothes, towels, sheets, and furniture. Washing the items will not only removed the smell but will also help get rid of any harmful particles that have been caught.
If you live in or around the areas of Laguna Beach, Irvine, Costa Mesa, or Rancho Santa Margarita, CA., and are in need of fire and smoke restoration services, please call the experts at 949-573-1937 today! We’re here to help.